My Child was Hurt in an Accident. What Should I do?

Welcome, I am David Ricks. I am a personal injury trial lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga and the principal of the Inland Empire Law Group. Many injuries occur to children, what happens and what should you do if your child has been injured in an accident. First, thing I would tell you to do is you consult an attorney because the attorney can help guide you and direct you as to what you should do for your child. Children cannot represent themselves nor can they be individual plaintiffs in a lawsuit. They have to go through a guardian ad litem or someone who is an adult and can make decisions for them. In a situation where a child has been injured and a lawsuit needs to be filed in the name of the child by and through their guardian ad litem and whoever that might be. It might be a parent, it might be an aunt an uncle or some other individual who is responsible for making decisions for that child and then during the course of the proceeding that individual, that adult will help make decisions as to how that case is going to be resolved with the assistance of their attorney. If your child has been injured in an accident, make sure that you speak to an attorney right away so that you can understand what rights that child has and how to best protect him or her from any losses that they may have occurred by that accident.
David Ricks
Connect with me
Rancho Cucamonga Car Accident Attorney and Victorville CA Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Inland Empire