Most car accident attorneys offer potential clients a free initial consultation. These consultations allow the attorney, or his or her staff, used the time to review the case, gauge its strength, and determine whether the case, clients, and law firm are a good fit for each other. During that consultation, car accident personal injury attorneys determine the appropriateness of the case by asking prospective clients a wide range of questions. Answering the attorney's questions completely and honestly ensure the best ability for the attorney to evaluate your case and determine if you and the law firm are the right fit for each other. Sometimes the attorney can direct you to another law firm that might be a better fit for your case.
Questions an Attorney May Ask
The questions the car accident attorney will ask will likely focus on topics such as exactly how, when, and where the accident occurred; the insurance coverages of the involved drivers; the injuries sustained and the medical care received; as well as the available evidence. Examples of some questions car accident attorneys ask during the initial consultation include:
- Where and when did the accident happen?
- How exactly did the accident occur?
- What were the road and weather conditions immediately before—and during—the collision?
- Did the other driver admit fault?
- Is there a police accident report?
- Do the involved drivers have auto insurance? What are the coverage limits? Do the policies include uninsured (UM) or underinsured (UIM) motorist coverage, or personal injury protection (PIP)?
- Can you provide a complete list of the injuries you sustained in the accident? Are any of those injuries appear to be permanent?
- Where and when did you first receive medical care for injuries related to the accident?
- Do you have medical records documenting your injuries?
- Are there photos or videos of the accident scene, property damage, or physical injuries?
- Did you have injuries prior to the collision?
- Did you lose wages or were you unable to work due to the injuries?
- Have you ever had any prior lawsuits or injury claims?
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation for damages such as medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. The Inland Empire Law Group can help you protect your rights and explore your options after a car accident. Contact us today at (888) 694-3529 (909) 481-0100 to schedule an appointment for a free initial case analysis.