Traffic collisions in Rancho Cucamonga are most often occurring on the freeways during the evening hours, but the city's fatal accident rate remains slightly below the California average.
Rancho Cucamonga Accident Statistics
In 2014, the most recent year for which full data is available, Rancho Cucamonga accident statistics were as follows:
- 6 fatal accidents
- 380 accidents involving injuries
- 1,209 accidents involving property damage
- 5 alcohol involved fatal accidents
- 43 alcohol involved injury accidents
- 2 pedestrian involved fatal accidents
- 17 pedestrian involved injury accidents
- 0 bicyclist involved fatal accidents
- 21 bicyclist involved injury accidents
- 0 motorcyclist involved fatal accidents
- 32 motorcyclist involved injury accidents
Rancho Cucamonga's fatal accident rate has been at or below the state average since 2008. In 2014, Rancho Cucamonga had 3.4 fatal accidents per 100,000 people compared to the state average of 5.7 accidents per 100,000 people.
Rancho Cucamonga has a slightly higher than average rate of accidents involving intoxicated drivers for the same time period. In 2014, Rancho Cucamonga had 2.9 fatal accidents involving drunken persons per 100,000 residents compared to the state average of 1.6 fatal accidents involving drunken persons per 100,000 residents.
An analysis of fatal accidents from 1994 to 2014 in Rancho Cucamonga revealed the following:
- Fatal accidents were most likely to occur on a Monday evening, with 13 accidents occurring during this timeframe. Fatal accidents were least likely to occur on a Tuesday or Friday morning, with four accidents occurring during this timeframe.
- July is the most dangerous month for fatal auto accidents, with 16 accidents occurring during this time. March, June, November, and December are tied for the safest months, with seven accidents occurring during each of these months.
- The I-15, 210, and 60 freeways are the most dangerous locations for fatal accidents. Other deadly areas include Church Street, Grove Avenue, Jack Benny Dr., Milliken Avenue, 19th St, Jasper St, Haven Ave., Salina Street, Foothill Blvd., Terra Vista Parkway, Coriander Ct., Carol Avenue, and Utica.
San Bernardino County Accident Statistics
In 2014, the most recent year for which full accident data is available, San Bernardino County accident statistics were as follows:
- 257 fatal accidents
- 8,999 accidents involving injuries
- 15,385 accidents involving property damage
- 93 alcohol involved fatal accidents
- 1,047 alcohol involved injury accidents
- 67 pedestrian involved fatal accidents
- 473 pedestrian involved injury accidents
- 10 bicyclist involved fatal accidents
- 405 bicyclist involved injury accidents
- 45 motorcyclist involved fatal accidents
- 590 motorcyclist involved injury accidents
Wrongful Death Claims for Rancho Cucamonga Car Accidents
Fatal accidents and vehicular deaths caused by simple negligence, a drunk driver, bad road conditions, a malfunctioning vehicle, inattention, or a combination of causes often lead to wrongful death claims. Wrongful death is a legal term essentially meaning that the death of a person was caused by the wrongful conduct of another person or entity.
The purpose of a wrongful death claim is to legally allow the remaining family members to obtain financial recovery from the person (or their insurance company) whose wrongful actions caused the death of a loved one. Wrongful death claims can seek reimbursement for medical care up to the time of death, pain and suffering, funeral and burial expenses, lost wages, and loss of the family's relationship with the deceased.
Typically, the surviving spouse, domestic partner, or children bring the wrongful death claim. Everyone who may have a legitimate claim must be included in the wrongful death suit as a plaintiff or involuntary defendant.
If you are suffering from the loss of a loved one caused by the negligent conduct of another person—whether from a traffic accident or some other cause—you should speak with an experienced attorney to review your claim. Inland Empire Law Group will be glad to provide you with a no-cost consultation and provide the needed advice to help you make the right decisions. Call (888) 694-3529 right away to schedule an appointment at our Victorville or Rancho Cucamonga office locations.